Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lion


Lion is a band, a great band, I accidentally bumped into. I happened to find a discount box full of heavy metal cassettes (at the brink of extinction of tapes) some 13 to 15 years ago at a department store. They were 5 Finnish Marks a piece, which in today's rates is 0.84€, roughly. So, Lion's European MFN-version of  Trouble In Angel City (1989) was the case here and man, did I fell in love with it! I did, that's what I'm tryin' to say, hey!

I hopped into our car while my mom was making the grocery circulation near by markets. I bought about five cassettes all in all, and slipped them in one by one. When Lion started to play, I was hooked. The intro was and is way cool, but strangely long, and I believe I fast-forwarded impatiently to get to the song it self. The first track is Come On and it kicks some serious behind.

Ever since that moment I've been searching for a Lion-shirt - with no luck.
So, when I was hired to a shirt-printing-company, I made one myself. Thank you very much!
Still I'd like to find a real deal someday.

No comments: