Friday, October 22, 2010

Automan

Automan never aired in Finland, as far as I know. My dad used to watch the Sweden's channels (few of which were visible in our town - lucky me), since his mother language was Swedish. He informed me of the new Knight Rider-like series that was to be on soon. I was excited like a bunny in the meadows.
I was immediately hooked, man! I didn't know about the Tron-comparisons at the time. I knew of Tron only through Aku Ankka's (Finland's Donald Duck comic) editorial office's info corner. When the Tron came out, there was an article about it. It looked cool to the max, but I didn't see it until years and years after.

Back to the Automan. It was so cool it almost removed Knight Rider from power. But... Nah! The creator of both series is the one and only Glen A. Larson. The man!

Same actually happened when we saw James Bond's white Lotus Esprit in The Spy Who Loved Me for the first time. I think my friends were little compromised, but I stayed true to K.I.T.T.
My quest is to buy a K.I.T.T. replica some day. What season the dash will be, that's anybody's guess. I love them all.

But... Automan's Lamborgini is magic-like machinery. Gotta love it! Oh, and this shirt is self made at the printing company. Thank youuu!

No comments: